The last thing you want during summer is a storm, but the facts are that they are always likely to happen, and when they do, they can be hugely damaging to property.
The best thing that you can do to protect yourself from the threat of big summer storms is to make sure that your roof is the best condition that it can possibly be.
Here at Roof Tek, our biggest goal is to provide customers with all of the roof repairs in Rockhampton that they need, especially in the months and weeks running up to storm season.
Without further ado, here are some of the best tips we can give for maintaining your roof to withstand tricky conditions.
- At least twice a year, you need to take some time out to really have a proper look at the state of your roof. Check for things like missing shingles, damaged drip edges, exposed fasteners, broken guttering, and piles of granules. Some of these are not always immediately noticeable.
- Get into the habit of cleaning your gutters a few times a year, especially before a storm has been forecast. If you don’t, then a lot of build-up will occur that you might not even see, and over time this will start to cause things like rot. Build-up can also block gutters causing rainwater to spill over and run-down walls.
- If you have any large trees in your vicinity, then make sure to trim and maintain them because one bad storm can send one crashing down towards your roof.
- Pay special attention to the presence of any moss and algae on your roof. Remove it whenever you see it and remember to keep your attic space properly ventilated to avoid it growing again in quick time.
- If you used a low-grade caulking product at some point in the past, it may no longer be holding its seal properly. If you need to go about re-caulking, then remember to do so with a much better alternative than what you used before.
One of our trained and experienced team members will always be happy to talk to and answer any questions that you might have. We very much look forward to hearing from you and setting up an appointment.